When & How to Use a Jade Roller in Your Skincare Routine
Here’s When & How to Use a Jade Roller for Better Skin
It seems like one day, no one knew what jade rollers were, and the next, they were trending everywhere. If you haven’t hopped on this trend yet or if you picked one up but aren’t quite sure what to do with it, this guide is for you! Here we share when and how to use a jade roller—and its incredible benefits.
The Incredible Benefits of Jade Rolling
Jade rollers are an ancient tool that has been used to promote healthy skin, dating back to seventh-century China. Even the use of crystals in skincare goes back thousands of years. Let’s take a look at the best benefits of jade rolling:
- Reduces puffiness: Jade rolling is perfect for reducing morning puffiness and getting your complexion ready for the day.
- Drains the lymph nodes: Rolling towards the lymph nodes will drain them and, in turn, help minimize and prevent wrinkles.
- Relaxes the jaw: After a long day of holding tension in the jaw, jade rolling will help relax and loosen these facial muscles.
- Beauty-tip: Store your jade roller in a fridge! The cold temperature will activate and enhance the jade’s benefits—not to mention, feel refreshing to the touch.
When to Use a Jade Roller: Cleanse and Treat First!
We know it’s tempting, but don’t jump straight to jade rolling! A jade roller should only be used on clean skin. We recommend using Luna’s Favorite Facial Cleanser, as it’s gentle, calming, and the perfect first step to jade rolling. While this will be enough if you’re planning on jade rolling in the morning, at night, complete your skincare routine after washing your face, including any moisturizers and serums.
Now You’re Ready: Here’s How to Use a Jade Roller
Let’s get started!
- Start at the middle of your jawline and apply gentle pressure as you move the jade roller outwards.
- Pick up the jade roller to return it to your starting point (don’t roll backward).
- Repeat the roll three to four times over the same patch of skin.
Beauty-tip: Always roll from the center, out!
Once you’ve covered your jawline, move up to your cheeks (roll from your nose to your ear), undereye, eyelid (use the small side of the roller and gently roll from your eye lid’s outer corner to your temple), eyebrow (follow the contour of your brow bone), then forehead (start in the middle then roll out).
Beauty-tip: It helps to split your face down the middle, working on one side then the next.
If you see your skin start to flush at any point, it means circulation is increasing—which is a good thing! To finish, complete a soothing upward roll from between your eyebrows up towards your hairline. And don’t forget to clean your jade roller with warm, soapy water after every use.
Interested in a free jade roller? June’s Moon is now offering our deluxe roller with the purchase of the bundle box! Simply purchase any product from our skincare line and receive this treat on us. Shop online now.